Planning Application is in!
Planning has now been submitted on our very first eco house project!
7 months on (cant believe it has been that length of time) which consisted of:
• The 1st drawings drafted and agreed upon within 2 months after purchase
• Pre planning meeting with the council. From booking appointment to receiving written confirmation was 2 months
• Then life seems to get in the way slightly as we moved toward Christmas and took time to agree on the way forward from there after a slightly negative response form the council.
• Having the relevant energy reports and statements then drawn up and finalised took us another month
• Then finalisation of revised plans, per council guidance (ie. 1 bed instead of 2!) has taken another month
Until final lodgement of planning application, which was a great milestone to reach.
This has happened about 18 months since we started writing this blog and then about 3 years since we began looking for a plot in earnest.
The form went in 2 weeks ago and we are yet to receive confirmation of receipt which I understand can also take time (up to 4 weeks) after which time the clock is ticking on our 8 weeks timeframe ,within which we will have received a decision.
In addition I have today sent letters to all immediate residents in the area introducing the concept (and us) to them, our plans and inviting any thoughts or comments from them. I look forward to receiving those back as they have gone out to the 6 houses either bordering or within sight of the plot, all of whom objected last time an application was made on this site, about 5 years ago!
For anyone who has been reading this then do please wish us luck and we will continue to
update on progress and provide any other useful information along the way, including another potential project!